5 Wonderful benefits of orgasms during pregnancy
First of all, I hope you already know that unless your doctor tells you not to, there is no reason why you should stop having sex or orgasms while pregnant. No, it won't hurt the baby and yes, you are still smokin' hot and desirable! Oh, and there are even benefits to having orgasms while pregnant and you know that you want to do what's best while pregnant, so find out why you should go get you some.
Read more ¿Qué Más?: Pregnant woman was craving meat, so she shot a 600 pound beast
Check out these five GREAT reasons to have orgasms while pregnant:
1. They are better than EVER. I don't think an orgasm is ever bad, but during pregnancy they can be better than ever because of the increased blood flow to your pelvic area. Usually during sex, your nether regions become more sensitive because there is an increase of blood and fluids in that area, but when you are pregnant there is already more blood flow in your entire body, so in this case more is totally more in a very good way.
2. They are easier to have. Because of all the aforementioned extra blood flow making you more sensitive and all, it's like your body is already primed and ready to go, so you may find that while pregnant it's easier to have an orgasm and it may even last longer. Woo hoo!
3. They can help you sleep better. Sometimes it's tough to sleep while you are pregnant. Orgasms come with the release of oxytocin and vasopressin, chemicals which help you feel relaxed and go into snooze mode.
4. They are great for stress relief. Think back to the last time you had an orgasm. Did you feel stressed afterward? I'm thinking the answer is no because as Dr. Ari Brown, author of Expecting 411, says, "Orgasms deliver an adrenaline rush, which brings a nice stress release."
5. They help keep you stay connected to yourself as a woman, and also to your partner. Yes, you are pregnant, but you are still a woman and if you are in a relationship, you need to keep connecting on an intimate level with your partner. Orgasms have a way of making a couple bond, no?
Image via Thinkstock