Three children in Raleigh, North Carolina have been through one of the most horrible experiences you can ever imagine. They hid themselves in a room of their home as their 32-year-old mother Martha Yses Campusano Cisneros and their 47-year-old father Emilio Rodriguez-Rizo fought. At some point during the argument the children heard gunshots that ended their parents' lives. The terrified children had to figure out what to do.
If a diet seems too good to be true, chances are it is. You'd think we know that by now, but it appears that we don't. This past year saw some of the craziest diet trends to date, with people trying everything from ingesting creepy crawly creatures to drinking batidos made from sapitos--all in the name of losing a few pounds. And those are hardly even the kookiest or most dangerous 2014 fads. What's worse is the fact that many of these trends are being hyped as natural and healthy. Listen to me when I tell you that they're not. Not by a long shot!
What should have been one of the happiest times in a first-time mother's life quickly turned into a living nightmare. Within months of finding out she was pregnant with her first child, 26-year-old television host Qui Yuanyuan was diagnosed with cancer. Determined to have her baby, Yuanyuan made the ultimate sacrifice: she chose not to undergo chemotherapy in favor of keeping her baby. Ultimately, her decision cost Yuanyuan her life, but not before she gave birth to a healthy baby boy--and a nationwide debate over whether or not what she did was truly selfless. Unbelievable!
Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are becoming more and more popular, but those who use them are going to have to be much more careful now that the first child's death from liquid nicotine has been reported. An unfortunate 1-year-old child has died after ingesting the substance used in these e-cigarettes and although police consider it a "tragic accident," it's obvious more needs to be done to prevent further tragedies.
The iconic man who played Chespirito, Roberto Gómez Bolaños, may be resting in peace, but more chisme is coming out related to his personal life. María Antonieta De Las Nieves, who worked alongside Chespirito for years as La Chilindrina, revealed a bombshell about Bolaños' second wife Florinda Meza, who played the rolo-rocking Doña Florinda alongside Chilindrina. During her satellite interview with television host Magaly Medina, Las Nieves had some messy things to say about the recent widow. Does she have no respect for the dead?
A new illness has grown increasingly dangerous for infants and there's fear that it may spread to the U.S. In India, a drug-resistant superbug was responsible for almost 60,000 infant deaths last year alone. The illness is totally resistant to any antibiotics, which makes treatment almost impossible. A recent study found that children become infected by the bacteria through water, animals, soil and even the mother could transfer the bacteria. Here is everything you need to know to keep your family safe.
Even though Chespirito is gone, but his spirit lives on. The worldwide mourning of comedic icon Roberto Gómez Bolaños took a miraculous and serendipitous turn at his funeral in Mexico City over the weekend. About 40,000 fans, friends, family and former colleagues gathered at his funeral in the stadium Estadio Azteca. While everyone was paying their respects, a strange figure appeared around the center of the stage. I was in shock during those 12 seconds that you see a ghost shown as a white figure moving near the mic. My hairs stood up with disbelief!
We live in a world where is so many terrible things could happen to our children that if we stopped to consider and worry about every one happening to our children, it would be a full-time job and we'd probably go insane. This piece will not help with that, at all: 5-year-old Branson Riley Carlisle, of Albertsville, Alabama, was bitten on the shoulder blade by a brown recluse spider on Sunday at 9 a.m. before Thanksgiving after putting on his new pajamas. He showed his mother, who had been bitten by a brown recluse herself before.
Parents may want their adorable newborns to stay warm and feel cozy in their cribs, but experts say they need to accomplish this feat without relying on pillows, loose blankets, or any other objects that could inadvertently block a baby's airways, leading to suffocation. According to a study conducted by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), nearly half of all US babies are at risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) due to the use of "potentially hazardous bedding," which experts describe as blankets, quilts, pillows, and sheets. Though the incidence of SIDS has declined in recent years, it still accounted for 2,000 infant deaths in 2010--a frightening figure.
This story is enough to make any jogger abandon the idea of outdoor runs and invest in a treadmill that can be used within the safety of the home. Melissa Millan, a married mother of two and senior insurance executive at MassMutual in Springfield, Connecticut, was stabbed while jogging on a bike path near her Simsbury home last Thursday evening. At around 8:04 p.m., passing motorists spotted the body of the 54-year-old Millan laying on the ground and quickly dialed 911. She had been stabbed repeatedly in the chest but showed some signs of life. Unfortunately, Milan died shortly after being transferred to St. Francis Hospital. Relatives and friends say Millan was a seasoned triathlete who regularly jogged along the path where she was viciously attacked. Her death has been ruled a homicide, and a police investigation is underway but, thus far, no arrests have been made and no murder weapon has been found.