5 Reasons your first child rocks
My eldest daughter looks at me in moments of frustration brought about by her younger sister, her beautiful little face full of sincerity and says, "Being a big sister is really hard." And she's absolutely right. It's hard being the eldest child. I know because I am a first child as well and as much as I love being an older sister, it has not been a piece of cake.
First children have it tougher than the younger children in a family, just ask any first child! Parent's need to recognize and appreciate. I'll tell you why.
Read more ¿Qué más?: Mom banned from Facebook for posting THIS picture of daughter at beach
Here are five reasons that your first child rocks:
1. They taught you how to be a mother. Face it, before you had a first child you really had no idea what it was like to be a mother. All the babysitting in the world could not train you like your first did.
2. They are your go-to helper. Even if your first child is only slightly older than your second child, you will find a way to make them helpful. You'll ask them to hand you stuff and they will. Every single thing that they help you with is one less thing that you have to do.
3. They know the rules and help you enforce them. Your eldest child is a way better cop than you are. They are on their siblings, making sure that they do not break any of the rules and threatening to tell on them if they do.
4. They get away with nothing. First kids get away with nothing and they deserve credit for it even if it is only in your head. By the time their younger siblings try to do whatever it is the eldest didn't get away with, you just don't care anymore and all the poor older sibling can do is complain and complain and complain.
5. They have to share you. When number one came into your life, they had you all to themselves and they liked it, they really liked it. Then you announce to them that you are going to have a number two and whether they like it or not, they have to share you. It's kind of a big deal. Like if my husband came to me and was like, "Oh, by the way I'm getting another wife and you are going to have to deal with it," I would not be very happy about it.
Image via Thinkstock