5 Annoying things all parents need to stop doing NOW!
Why didn't anyone tell me that other kids' parents can be so annoying? Oh, I know that I'm probably just as annoying, but fortunately I don't tend to annoy myself as much as other parents annoy me. Seriously, most of the time it's not a child's behavior I have a problem with, it's their parents behavior that throws me for a loop.
Surely, I'm not alone, you must have noticed some of this nonsense yourself or heaven forbid, been guilty of some of this nonsense at times. I think it's time we all take a good hard look at ourselves right now and stop certain behaviors before we are shunned by all other parents and their children.
Read more ¿Qué más?: 5 Resolutions every parent needs to make for 2014
Here are five annoying things parents do that must stop immediately.
- Assuming that because you are at another parent's home, you don't have to watch your own kid. Hello! Your child is about to knock over the big screen TV while you are going on and on about how long it's been since your last manicure.
- Keeping your child's illness a secret is rude! If your child is sick and they have a play date, tell the other parent. Perhaps they don't want their kid to get any of what your kid has.
- If you are having a birthday party for your child, it's nice if the party is actually kid-friendly. Maybe have a piñata and some cake and a good kid to adult ratio. It's great that you like to have fun, but a kegger is not appropriate for 5-year-olds.
- If you like to curse, that's fucking awesome, but realize that there is a time and a place. Don't do it in front of my kid and while we're at it, show your kid some respect, too.
- It's great that you believe in God and all, but you do realize that not everyone believes in what you do, right? Yeah, so please don't talk to my child about Jesus or worse yet, tell them they are going to hell because I didn't baptize them. It's not nice.
Let's just aim to be better behaved than our kids.
Image via Thinkstock
What would you add to the list?