There is nothing that bores children more than going to a party for adults where no one has thought about them and their needs. So if you don't want your Thanksgiving feast to be ruined by a few bored kids or you're worried that your children won't be able to last too long at the dinner you've been invited to, here are five tips to make sure they're entertained and a good time can be had by all!
Read more ¿Qué más?: 10 Clever ways to bring fall indoors
1. Crafts: From making turkeys by outlining their own hands to printouts they can color, there are a bunch of Thanksgiving crafts you can plan ahead to keep kids entertained.
2. Special table: Make sure their table is special, not only in terms of how you decorate it, but also by asking a teenager to sit with them even it's only for a while. If necessary, offer the teen a tip for doing so.
3. Get them involved: Ask them to help decorate the house or set the table so that they feel like they're also a valuable part of the celebration.
4. Awards: I know blackmailing children is a no-no, but once in a while it doesn't hurt. In this case, all you have to do is tell them that the one who behaves the best will receive a surprise. At the end of the night, you can give a small little something to each kid.
5. Movies: I'm not one to allow children sit in front of the TV for hours, but I see nothing wrong with them spending a couple of hours watching a Thanksgiving Day themed movie. Luckily, there are many options. My favorite is A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
Image via Thinkstock