Bilingual bebés on board: 5 educational online resources in Spanish
I've never been a fan of allowing my children to be online. I feel they're still too little and I'd rather they have fun doing other things. But now that my daughter is 7 years old and she's back in school, I need all the help I can get making sure she continues to be exposed to Spanish as much as possible.
That's why I recently started allowing her to be on my computer, but only if she's using one of the following excellent online resources in Spanish:
1. Brain pop in Spanish: This is my daughter's favorite because she can choose from so many different topics, including math, science and music. Not everything here is free, but there's enough to keep your child entertained while practicing his Spanish.
2. Discovery Familia: This one is full of fun games for kids of all ages. Some are too simple for my 7-year-old daughter, but they're perfect for my 3-year-old son.
3. Childtopia: From games to activities, your kids will surely find something to entertain them. The website is available in five different languages, so they can learn something other than Spanish too.
4. PBS Kids: This is my favorite online resource and even though not all the games in English are available in Spanish, there are a lot of options. If your kids love Curious George and Maya and Miguel, they will love these games!
5. StoryPlace: In short, this is a digital children's library. The interactive website allows them to participate in a virtual storytime as they choose from one of several books. It also includes fun activities and printables.
Want to discuss bilingual parenting and more with other Latina moms? Join our Celebrate Our Cultura community!