7 things you should splurge on with your tax refund
We all know the things that we SHOULD do with our tax returns, don't we? I read every year that I should invest the money, pay off my credit card debt or bulk up my savings account. Yes, yes, I know exactly what I should be doing with that little bit of money I'm getting back from the IRS. But, let's face it, that's not at all what I actually WANT to do with it.
And who would? So that I'm not TOO wasteful (and feeling guilty), I try to split up my tax refund in half. Use 50% of it for all those smart money decisions, like saving and investing, and the other half to splurge a little bit. So when you're looking on that you-know-you-want-to-splurge-on-it find, here are some ideas.
Read more ¿Qué más? The MamásLatinas guide to last minute tax prep.
1. Buy a nicer TV: I did this a couple years ago, splurging on a nicer TV for my living room—where I now really enjoy watching all of my favorite shows with the family on a bigger, HD screen.
2. Re-do the kitchen: Take your money and do something fun in the house, like upgrading your kitchen appliances or redecorating the family room. Something to make your home cozier!
3. Take a class: I love taking all kinds of classes, just for fun. Is there something that you've always wanted to learn? Maybe it's crocheting or playing a guitar? Go ahead and do it now.
4. Invest in a gym membership: A lot of gyms will offer big discounts if you pay for the entire year up front. Do your research and see if you can get a couple months free and no initiation fee.
5. Get something REALLY pretty: Whether for you this means jewelry or those way-too-expensive shoes you've always wanted to get, it's something that will make you just a little bit happy.
6. Have a spa day: This one can be just for you or you can share it with the hubby by getting couple's massages, facials and even mani/pedis.
7. Go on vacation: Something that the WHOLE family can enjoy, put the money towards your vacation fund. Maybe you can already go or maybe you're planning to go later in the year, but this is something that everyone will appreciate in the long run. Just think of the memories!
Want to find other moms como tú? "Like" MamásLatinas on Facebook!
What are you planning to do with your tax refund money?
Image via TaylorMiles/flickr