I understand the science behind getting an extra day in February every four years, but Leap Year never really mattered much to me--until I realized that Leap Day is a great time to take advantage of some deals and savings.
This year there are lots of ways to have a little more fun with your family during this "extra" day. From vacation deals to theme parks staying open for 24 hours to a free cookie (yum!), there are some fun opportunities to enjoy on February 29th, 2012.
1. "One More Disney Day" at Disney Parks: The Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are going to stay open for 24 hours straight so that you and your family can have a full day of rides and enjoyment.
2. Leap to La Concha in Puerto Rico: The hotel is offering a travel deal that's valid from 2/29 until August 1st, including 29% off a 3-course dinner, 29% off cocktails and a minimum of a three-night stay at only $229 per night at the popular destination.
3. Highlights magazine for kids offering discounts: This Leap Day only, you can subscribe to the magazines either for kids ages 2-6 or 6-12 and give the gift of "fun with a purpose". You can even save on the specially-designed frog habitat.
4. Free Cookie Day at Subway restaurants: One of my favorite healthy fast food places is offering up a treat with purchase if you come in next Wednesday. Promoting the event through Facebook, go into a participating location for a cookie.
5. Red Roof Inn will donate $1 for every room booked: To show their support for American Heart Health Month, the motel chain will donate $1 for every room that is booked during February 29th.
6. Lots of family and Sin City deals through Vegas.com: If you're near Nevada, head to Las Vegas with your sweetie for some great hotel deals or take the kids along for lots of fun, including discounts at CSI: The Experience.
7. Fly anywhere and save with Frontier Airlines: With lots of cities to choose from and many deals on domestic fares, all you have to do is make sure you purchase your tickets by 11:59p.m. EST on February 29th, 2012.
How are you planning to take advantage of the many Leap Day deals this February 29th?
Image via andy castro/flickr