5 Subtle ways he shows he loves you
When it comes to being in a relationship we're used to grand, obvious signs of love like being bombarded with kisses, "I love you", or flowers on special occasions. All of that is lovely, but as your relationship progresses, your man may ease into a certain comfort zone.
Before you go lamenting the death of romance, just remember that you still love each other. You probably just have different ways of showing it now. If you've been doubting if your partner still loves you after many years, then we have some advice that may make you reconsider those thoughts...
Read more ¿Qué más?: 6 Surprising things you never knew about flirting
I remember when my boyfriend and I first got together, we thought that being together all the time, every day was super necessary for us as a couple. We quickly learned that we didn't have to do that in order to maintain a healthy relationship. Now, we value each other's independence and give each other space.
To me, that's one way he shows he loves me without doing a grand gesture. There are many ways men show they still care and love you even though you've been together awhile. In fact these are the sneaky and subtle ways they do it!
1. You receive a morning text or call: A check-in text or call is a subtle way he shows he cares and that you're the first person on his mind in the a.m.
2. He actually LISTENS: Normally you yak about your problems to your girlfriends but when you tell your guy your woes and he remembers (almost) every detail, it's because he cares about what you have to say. And if we know one thing about men, it's that they have selective hearing!
3. He knows how to make a bad day good: If you've had a crappy day at work, your hubby knows that booking you a massage or cooking dinner will put you in a better mood.
4. You're the first person he tells big news to: He could tell his best friend, brother or his parents, but he chooses to tell you the important stuff first. That means he values your opinion and you're the first person he wants to talk to.
5. He does what he says he's going to do: Many men are all talk and no do, but if your guy keeps his word, that's one of the best things you can ask for.
Image via Thinkstock