5 Steps to getting (and staying) in the sexy mood!
It's not always easy to feel sexy after a long day of work, taking care of the kids and the house, and everything else that we ladies do on a daily basis. Still, every once in a while, it's nice to have some much-needed alone time with your man, isn't it? Let's say that you have the evening free (the abuelitos took the kids!), how do you make the most of it? I mean, seriously, how do you get yourself in the sexy mood? Well, luckily, there IS a way for you to get and stay in the mood--and it all starts with these 5 steps so that you can get your sexy back!
Read more ¿Qué más? Our 15 best sex & love tips tips of 2012
1. Start with some emotional intimacy: You need to feel emotionally close to your man before you can really get in the mood to feel PHYSICALLY close to him. Start outside the bedroom by cooking dinner together, snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie or even take care of a household chore (like folding laundry) side by side.
2. Make sure the atmosphere is set: A little mood lighting (soft candles) and soft music (can we say Marc Anthony?) goes a long way to make you feel sexy. So go ahead and set the scene. Even do it together! Pick out your favorite song while he turns down the lights, then change into something a little sexier (matching lingerie, perhaps...) and have him do the same.
3. Let the foreplay begin: Yes, we ladies typically need lots of it to get in the mood. But, hey, there's nothing wrong with that, right?! Start with kissing slow and let things go from there…
4. Go for the BEST position for him going down: AHEM. Yes, I said it! As your foreplay starts to get hot and heavy, there ARE positions that are best when it comes to your man going DOWN THERE so that you can truly enjoy the experience. Plus, as an added bonus, oral sex helps to ease depression!
5. And, of course, make sure you reach that big O: This isn't necessarily the goal for all women during sex but I certainly think this is #1. While your man is likely going to have one anyway, there IS something you can do to have an orgasm--even if you never have before! Finishing things up with a satisfied grin on your face is definitely going to keep you in the mood (and wanting to get back to it) for a while!
Image via Thinkstock