5 Ways to love yourself so you can take care of your family
Like most moms I know, I tend to put the needs of my family before my own. But did you know that it's actually more difficult to care for others when you don't take care of your own self? While it may feel like you don't have time for that, the reality is that there are several simple steps you can take to love yourself so you can care for your family!
Lee más en ¿Qué más?: Fun games you can play to teach your kids about their family history
1. Lighten up! The first thing you need to do is stop being so hard on yourself. You need to learn to forgive yourself and to let go of things that are beyond your control. Just loosen up a bit and laugh more often!
2. Forget about getting everyone else's approval. Things never turn out well when you live your life trying to please others. You're a grown woman and you know what's right for you, so stop looking to others for approval.
3. Take good care of your body, but also of your time and your finances. You know that excercising and eating well are great for you, but don't forget that respecting your time is also important. Learn to say "no," to avoid having an insane weekly schedule. Same thing goes for money matters. Don't spend more than you have and make sure your bills are paid on time.
4. Do what you love. Ideally, the kind of work you do every day makes you happy. If that's not the case, then make sure ypu do something that makes you happy every day. That could something as simple as reading a gossip magazine, watching your favorite show, knitting, scrapbooking or baking. You don't have to do a huge project, just a little bit of something that brings a smile to your face.
5. Surround yourself with the right people. In other words, try to spend time only with the kind of people who will help you love yourself more; people who not only care about you, but those who respect your time and who are a constant reminder of the great person you are!
Image via iStock