Mo'ne Davis on the cover of Sports Illustrated is something every little girl should see
Have you seen Mo'ne Davis on the news lately? She's EVERYWHERE, but just in case you she hasn't come to your attention yet, she is a 13-year-old Little League pitching phenomenon for Philadelphia's Taney Dragons. She's in 8th grade and throws pitches at 70 miles per hour! She is the first girl to throw a shutout in the history of the Little League World Series and because of that she and her team are headed to the Little League World Series. Woo hoo!
That's not the only impressive thing Mo'ne has managed to do. She is also now officially the first Little League player EVER, boy or girl, to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Check her out below!
Read more ¿Qué más?: Single mom graduates from UCLA with 3 degrees, proves women can do anything
I'm so freakin' proud of this kid I want to jump up and down. She's amazing and showing the world what it means to pitch "like a girl" and it's all power, grace and strength!
What's even more amazing to me is that Mo'ne's favorite sport isn't even baseball. She says, "To be honest, I never thought I'd be famous for baseball. I want to play basketball, and I could also do both basketball and baseball--but I really want to play basketball."
Well, I wish her much success in basketball, but I really hope she doesn't give up baseball so we get to see more of this:
Now, Mo'ne Davis isn't the first child athlete that has wowed us. Check out these other amazing kid athletes that will leave you speechless:
1. Jayden Newman at 9 years old became the the youngest person EVER to be recruited for a Division 1 college basketball team.
2. Meet Titus, a 2-year-old boy who can throw some UNBELIEVABLE basketball shots, and manages to sink the shot. Every. Single. Time.
3. This 9-year-old won $50,000 at a school fundraiser after he hit an amazing hockey goal from just beyond center ice!
4. Ryan Leonard was born with no arms, but as can be seen in the video below, that hasn't stopped him from becoming one heck of a basketball player.
5. Nine-year-old Sam Gordon from Salt Lake City, Utah, has previous made headlines for outperforming all of the boys on the football field with her amazing abilities!
6. Colorado high school student Anna Olson manages to pull off what some call an impossible throw from a full court away! --Additional reporting by Michelle Regalado
Image via Corbis Images, Sports Illustrated
Have you seen Mo'ne in action before?