Jaden Newman + 5 other amazing kid athletes that will leave you speechless
Wow, 9-year-old Jaden Newman is a point-guard at Downey Christian School in Orlando, Florida. She is a crazy good basketball player and I don't mean for her age, I mean she is crazy good, period. In fact she is so good at basketball that she is the youngest person EVER to be recruited for a Division 1 college basketball team. That's right, Derrick Gibbs, the assistant coach at the University of Miami saw a video of Newman playing on YouTube and sent a letter to Newman's father expressing interest in her joining the school's team when the time comes.
You'll definitely be impressed when you see her moves, but it's not all that surprising to tell you the truth.
Read more ¿Qué más?: Single mom graduates from UCLA with 3 degrees, proves women can do anything
You see, Newman comes from a family of basketball players. Her brother, Julian, a sixth grader, ranks in the top 100 high school players in the U.S. Her mother and father also grew up playing and actually met when they were both point guards at rival high schools.
Jaden is stoked that she already has a spot in college, but it's kind of her fallback since what she really wants to do is play for the University of Connecticut before going to the WNBA and eventually becoming the first female on the NBA. I would not be surprised if she achieved every single one of those dreams.
Check her out here:
Now, Jaden Newman isn't the first child athlete that has wowed us. Check out these other amazing kid athletes that will leave you speechless:
2. Meet Titus, a 2-year-old boy who can throw some UNBELIEVABLE basketball shots, and manages to sink the shot. Every. Single. Time.
3. This 9-year-old won $50,000 at a school fundraiser after he hit an amazing hockey goal from just beyond center ice!
4. Ryan Leonard was born with no arms, but--as can be seen in the video below--that hasn't stopped him from becoming one heck of a basketball player.
5. 9-year-old Sam Gordon from Salt Lake City, Utah, has previous made headlines for outperforming all of the boys on the football field with her amazing abilities!
6. Colorado high school student Anna Olson manages to pull off what some call an impossible throw from a full court away! --Additional reporting by Michelle Regalado
Image via sunsentinel/Twitter
Do you have any amazing child athletes in your life?