10 Things your abuela NEVER wants to hear
If your abuela is alive and you have a relationship, I would like to urge you to cherish her. My abuela passed away a very long time ago and it will always be one of my regrets that I did not truly appreciate her when she was around. We were just so different and the advice that she would give struck me as antiquated and not so female-friendly. We are products of different generations, I get that now, but I didn't back then. Back then, when I had her, I would open my mouth like it was no big thing and tell her exactly what I was thinking. If she were around now, I would keep my mouth shut a lot more and just listen. So, please, take it from me about the following 10 things you should never say to your abuela and just don't.
Read more ¿Qué más?: WATCH this twerking abuela put Miley Cyrus to shame! (VIDEO)
- Abuela, did you have sex with grandpa before you got married because things just aren't adding up?
- No, they don't teach me how to cook at school, they teach me real things.
- But I don't want to have kids!
- Of course Juan Gabriel is gay.
- Don't you think you are being a little machista?
- Have you seen my birth control pills?
- Why do you scoop your breasts into your bra?
- That telenovela is so unrealistic.
- No thank you nana, I don't want any of your albondigas, I'm just going to go grab something at McDonald's.
- Are you kidding me? My mother never takes us to church unless you are here.
Really, sometimes with abuelas it's best to keep your big mouth shut!
Image via Thinkstock
What would you add to the list of things you should never say to your abuela?