Little girl dies after parents force her to drink 2 liters of soda
A Tennessee couple was arrested after they allegedly forced the man's 5-year-old daughter to drink more than two liters of soda and water in just a couple of hours, eventually leading to her death.
According to the police report, Randall Vaughn and his wife, Mary, brought Alexa Linboom into the emergency room several hours after she started experiencing severe symptoms. Doctors say the child screamed out in pain, before going into a paralyzed state and then becoming unconscious. That poor girl!
Read more ¿Qué más?: Latina mom escapes after being held hostage for 12 years
An investigation eventually revealed that Vaughn and his wife had forced the girl to drink massive amounts of soda and water over one to two hours as a punishment for allegedly stealing a grape soda. The intake of so much fluid caused her brain to swell and herniate, eventually leading to the little girl's death.
The couple has since been arrested and is being held on $500,000 bond each.
This is just horrible beyond words. What kind of monsters would do something like this to an innocent 5-year-old kid and then try to pass it off as a disciplinary act?! I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it. And all because she took a soda when she wasn't supposed to? It's simply unbelievable.
My heart breaks thinking of that little girl experiencing so much pain and suffering, all at the hands of her own father. Now, he'll have to live with what he's done for the rest of his life. I just hope that both of these evil people get put away for a long time, like they deserve.
Image via Thinkstock