Latina teen dies mysteriously while getting a tattoo
Getting a tattoo comes with its risks and for one 16-year-old Dominican girl, it sadly led to death. The unnamed girl went to a tattoo shop in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic to get the tattoo done, and was given a bottle of rum to drink to numb the pain.There are rumors that she also took an unknown pill in addition to the booze.
Although paramedics tried saving her, she had no pulse upon arriving to the hospital and died. How sad!
Currently there are two unidentified men in question being accused of giving her the pill, but they denied it when questioned by reporters. It's understood that she was drunk while she was getting the tattoo done on her pelvis. One of them said she just had alcohol and denied that pills were given to her.
Currently the girl's distraught family is waiting for autopsy results to find out the official cause of death. I can't imagine what this teen's parents are going through right now as her death was so untimely!
It's scary how tattoo practices outside of the United States are handled less diligently, as proven in this teen's case. I can't believe that they allowed a girl that young to drink so much especially when getting a potentially dangerous procedure done. It makes sense to question that she was given something else, because unless she had alcohol poisoning, I find it hard to believe that the rum is what killed her.
I hope police are able to find out the truth soon and punish those responsible for her death. Stories like this make you want to avoid getting a tattoo! But if you choose to, always remember to use caution when choosing a tattoo parlor and artist--and always make sure the parlor is licensed and sanitary!
Image via Univision