Baby bursts into flames spontaneously & no one knows how
A 3-month-old baby boy named Rahul is being treated by doctors in Chennai, India after his parents claim he caught fire four to five times. They believe he suffers from spontaneous human combustion(SHC) after his mother, Rajeshwari Karnan says she found the infant's stomach on fire when he was just a couple of weeks old.
Shockingly this wasn't the first time Rahul caught fire and has doctors completely stumped over his diagnosis. So far their tests haven't officially indicated that the baby suffers from SHC. Wow, that's just crazy! See the picture of the little baby below.
Read more ¿Qué más?: World's biggest baby EVER born in Juarez, Mexico!
Although one of the doctors' theories is that the infant has SHC, others speculate that it may have something to do with fires that occurred in the mother's hometown. ABC News reports that he's also been investigated for other medical conditions, in addition looking into the family for child abuse. Up to this point tests have revealed that Rahul wasn't able to catch fire unless he was ignited--therefore if he has SHC is still in question.
The condition itself has for the longest time been considered impossible until other cases of people spontaneously combusting were confirmed. It's still a mystery to scientists as to why this occurs, but they theorize that it may have to do with high levels of acetone found in the body.
Aw, this poor baby! I really hope doctors can get to the bottom of his condition. Sometimes even science can't figure out life mysteries such as this one. I just really hope it's nothing more sinister, like someone lighting the poor baby on fire on purpose. My thoughts are with this little baby and hopefully with the power of medicine and prayer, his condition can be properly treated.
Images via Thinkstock, UK The Independent