When you start a family, changing your living space is inevitable. It's not that you have to go overboard with making over your entire house but I think a couple key changes here and there are good for the whole family. A great place to start is with the room the family spends most of their time in, the living room. With just a few quick changes you can redecorate the living room to make it more kid-friendly and make the whole family fall in love with it all over again.
Read more ¿Qué más? Redecorating made easy! The cheapest way to update your home.
1. Earth tones will make a larger space feel more intimate. Whether you've got a big living room or a small one, using golden colors and browns will bring the room together and make it feel more homey.
2. Put in a tall bookcase to emphasize the room's height. A bookcase is great to store family books and photographs but you can also put in board games and all of the fun toys that you and your kids like to share.
3. Avoid clutter by mounting the TV and installing media cabinet. Putting the TV high up and designating a cabinet especially for family movies and CD's makes sure that the kids know where to put things back.
4. Create a very clear sitting area for the whole family. By putting all of the furniture in the middle of the room, you'll make a great space for the family to get together and cozy up on those family nights in.
5. Don't be afraid to put in some kid-friendly touches. Besides making sure to have your family games there, but you can also let kids help with the decorating by adding in their own touches of color and fun.
Want to find other moms como tú? "Like" MamásLatinas on Facebook!
How are you planning to re-do the living room to make it more kid-friendly?
Image via mtsofan/flickr