5 accessories to re-energize any room
Whenever I see a beautiful apartment online or in a magazine, it makes me want to redecorate everything in my house. Lately I’ve been inspired by Maria De La Osa, a Madrid-based interior designer, and her take on loud but feminine home design.
I love her use of colorful pillows, bright vases, a purple couch, mirror coffee table and elegant candle holders to liven up my kitchen, living or bedroom décor. In an effort to duplicate her style, these are the home products I’m currently obsessed with.
- Colorful Silk Organza Pillows from Overstock.com: I love the colors of these delicate silk pillows. These perfect squares are selling for only $33 for a set of two. They are sure to be the statement pieces you’re looking for to spice up any room.
- Ceramic Turquoise Swirl Vases from Pier 1: The perfect way to add both color and texture to the room, these hand-painted vases are great to display alone or with a bouquet of flowers. They can go on your kitchen table, bookshelf or even in a bright corner.
- Kivik sofa in Lilac from IKEA: Available in different colors and styles, this sofa is sure to liven up your space. I love the simplicity of this piece of furniture because it’s the perfect piece to dress up with colorful pillows, throws and other accessories.
- Mirrored Coffee Table from Target: For only $160, you can get this stylish coffee table with a mirrored surface and tapered legs. It’s simple and will match almost any décor. The best part? The surface is easy to clean and will brighten up any room.
- Glass Candle Holders from Pottery Barn: In a range of sizes and prices, these sculptural candle holders are perfect whether you’re a lover of pillar or taper candles. Plus they are specially made to protect your table from dripping candle wax.
What is your favorite way to brighten up a room?
Image via Maria de la Osa