1. Try some granola for a healthy start to your day. 1
My favorite way to serve up granola is with some 0% fat Greek yogurt. It's a simple way to start your day, but a really healthy way too.
2. Drink more tea for more probiotic health. 2
You'll want to buy some heat-resistant probiotic strains of tea, but since it's such a powerful antioxidant, this is a great one to add to your routine.
3. Chocolate is also great for gut health (and for weight loss). 3
The newest trend in chocolate bars is the probiotic kind that will help with gut health. If that's not a good reason to have more chocolate, I don't know what is!
5. Veggie-packed soups make for a great, weight loss-friendly lunch. 5
Forget juicing. Instead, go for a vegetable soup that has tons of nutrients and fiber. Just don't forget to add some beans for extra protein, too.
6. Coconut oil is out, but avocado oil is definitely in. 6
The new oil you'll want to be using ASAP is avocado oil, which is much lower in saturated fat than coconut. It's great for cooking and you'll likely see it popping up in more products too.
7. Embrace your South American side with cassava flour. 7
You are probably VERY familiar with cassava (aka yucca), which used in plenty of Latin dishes. Cassava flour is the new gluten-free, grain-free staple to buy.
8. Baby quinoa is totally a thing that you MUST be eating. 8
Yes, baby quinoa is a thing and it's totally a bit different than regular quinoa (which hails from Peru). It's tiny, crunchy, has all of the health benefits, and even a bit more protein.
9. Don't forget to eat plenty of root vegetables, all year long. 9
Some of our favorite root vegetables that you MUST be eating include vitamin A-rich sweet potatoes, squash and the aforementioned yucca.