Baby got back! 10 Awesome facts about your butt
Butts. Ass. Derrière. Men can't get enough of it when a shapely one passes them by and women are either dressing it up, working it out, or toning it down. Rappers love to sing about their greatness or in Nicki Minaj's case, enjoy popping that booty to show everybody just how much they value their assets. But butts are way more than just a muscle group that makes us feel womanly and sexy. Here are 10 facts you might not have known about butts!
Read more ¿Qué Más?: Battle of the booties, JLo versus Nicki MInaj
- Jennifer Lopez allegedly insured her trasero for a whopping $27 million at least. I guess if your career relies heavily on having one of the best booties in the industry, you want to make sure it's protected.
- Kim Kardashian had X-rays taken of her butt to shut down the haters saying it's a fake. And despite all the proof and bikini-clad selfies she posts, people still refuse to believe that her ass is all-natural.
- A study found that women with big butts give birth to smarter children. Not to toot my own horn too loudly, but I guess that makes sense because my mom's butt is quite sizeable!
- Could you imagine breathing through your ass? Well some turtles can do just that. Talk about eww!
- Removing all the hairs around your anus will make it impossible to let a fart slip undetected. Remember that the next time you go for a Brazilian wax.
- Estrogen causes the body to store fat in your derriere, which is why women have bigger butts. A Harvard study also presented a theory that this extra butt fat could be why women live longer than men.
- Having a big booty and thicker thighs carries a lower health risk than having too much stomach fat. Just remember, having a pear-shape is better than an apple shape.
- In 1992, Sir Mix-A-Lot won a Grammy Award for the rapper's anthem to his favorite body part on the female form, "Baby Got Back." Don't lie, you know you've shaken it on stage during a karaoke session.
- The word "twerking" was added to the online Oxford Dictionary in 2013 and while twerking existed looong before her, we have Miley Cyrus' antics to thank for the addition.
- In 2013, 9,993 people went under the knife for a butt augmentation, 942 had butt implants inserted, and 2,438 had a butt lift. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there was a 16% increase in butt augmentations in 2013 from 2012.
Image via Corbis