Foods you should eat every day for weight loss
Along with regular exercise and portion control, making healthy choices when it comes to the foods you eat has a huge impact on reaching your weight loss goals. Yes, we know what to avoid, but do you know what foods actually encourage you to lose weight and stave off the extra pounds? Below is a list of foods to keep on hand to make your dieting journey a little easier (and yummier) to bear.
Read more ¿Qué Más?: 4 Secrets to Jennifer Lopez's perfect booty revealed
1. Almonds. Nuts are chock full of proteins and almonds are especially good to keep you nourished between meals while getting in your vitamin E, vitamin B2, and magnesium.
2. Hummus. It's rich in proteins, iron and flavor so it makes for a tasty snack with veggies.
3. Eggs. Don't worry about the bad rap eggs have received over the years. Egg yolk keeps you fuller for longer and helps in weight loss due to proteins that stimulate fat-burning hormones in your body.
4. Quinoa. Switch out that bowl of white rice for some good-for-you grains instead. Quinoa is super versatile--you can eat it hot, cold, in a salad, any time of day, etc.--and contains loads of protein and B vitamins.
5. Avocado. This is my go-to side dish these days. Avocados may be fatty, but they're the good kind! Oleic acid found in this fruit's monounsaturated fats may actually keep your body feeling satiated for a longer period.
6. Yogurt. You already know it's good for your digestive tract and helps keep the yeasties away from down there, but did you know that the probiotics found in yogurt can help reduce the amount of fat your body absorbs? Grab Greek nonfat flavors to get the most boost per spoonful.
7. Apples, green beans, sweet potatoes and strawberries. Fiber does more than keep you regular. Studies show that increasing your daily fiber intake helps prevent weight gain. Aim to have 8 grams of fiber for every 1,000 calories you consume a day to lose about four pounds. Also, eating fresh fruits rather than getting that sweet taste through juice will be much more satisfying.
8. Dark chocolate. No, that wasn't a typo! Dark chocolate is actually better than milk chocolate because it slows down digestion and leaves you feeling fuller for longer. Plus, studies show that it contains fats that actually help burn calories.
Image via Thinkstock