5 Foods that are BAD for your vagina
You know the saying, "you are what you eat"? Well that doesn't just apply to your health and your weight. What you put in your mouth could also affect your vagina. Yes girl, your vagina. If you didn't already know, our vaginas are naturally acidic so certain foods can get it off balance, leaving you with a not-so-fresh, funky smell or even worse--a bacterial infection!
Read more ¿Qué más?: 6 Tips to shaving down there safely
I remember the first time I got a yeast infection. My doctor had advised me to stop eating sugary foods, bad carbs and anything that contained yeast like bread or beer. Vaginal yeast is caused by a fungus called Candida albicans and it LOVES sugar. But it's not the only thing that can impact your hoo-ha. Here are five foods that aren't so good for your vagina!
1. Bread: Like I said before, because bread contains high levels of yeast it's not the greatest thing for your vagina. I wouldn't eliminate it all together, just try to limit how often you have it. Or switch to a bread that's yeast-free, like sourdough bread.
2. Alcohol: All alcohol contain high levels of yeast which is why they can cause anything from odor, UTIs and of course yeast infections. Try to cut down on the amount of drinks you have a week.
3. Spices: Chances are if a spice has a strong smell like onions, garlic or curry it will leave your vagina with a strong smell too. If you eat these spices on a regular basis, try drinking lots of water throughout the day to help flush out whatever toxins might be setting off your pH and causing the funky odor.
4. Certain greens: It's true what they say, certain greens like asparagus or broccoli could impact the way your vagina smells. Since these veggies are so rich in vitamins I don't suggest you eliminate them from your diet. Try having them no more than once a week. Eat kale, lettuce, spinach, collard greens or string beans the remainder of the week.
5. Simple carbs: Simple carbohydrates like refined grains tend to be high in fructose and glucose and allow yeast to grown. Avoid eating foods like white pasta, white rice or white bread.
Image via Thinkstock
What kind of foods do you avoid for your vagina?