7 Foods that hydrate you like water
A recent study showed that almost half of Americans don't drink enough water. When it comes to drinking 6-8 glasses of water every day, many have a hard time following this rule. Some blame the texture, while others the taste...but the truth is that our body is made up of 60% water, and with scorching sun of the summer, you are going to need to do your part to keep that level up.
For those who can't stand to drink the plain old water, here are 7 delicious ways to actually eat your way to the optimum hydration level your body needs to work properly.
Read more ¿Qué más?: 5 Proven Ways to Get Rid of Belly Fat
1. Cucumber- This summer, make cucumber a staple to your kitchen. With 96% water and mineral content, research shows that a cucumber has the power to actually increase the hydration level of your body up to twice as much as water. With cucumber, you can not only rehydrate your body, but also replenish your daily count of required vitamins.
2. Celery- It is considered one of the world's healthiest food, and with 95.4% of water content, celery should be a must in your diet this summer. It is packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin B1,B2, B6 and C, and is also rich in minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorous and sodium. Increase your water intake by adding this superfood to your diet.
3. Radish- This flavorful root vegetable contains 95.3% water, Not just that, but radishes can do wonders for your immune system. When eaten raw, it can protect you against cancer, cardiovascular conditions, urinary disorders, jaundice and skin problems. It is fantastic for the health of your liver, kidneys and gall bladder. Also, if you are looking to lose weight, this is the crunch you need in your salad!
4.Tomato- Tomatoes contain 94.5% water. This summer, use its rich phyto chemical properties to your advantage. Tomatoes are excellent sources of antioxidants, fiber, minerals and vitamins. Plus, its versatility makes it easy to fit in many dishes, and the beautiful red and juicy texture makes taste look delicious, even raw.
5. Green Pepper- These are fresh, crisp and the 93.9% water content, makes it sound even more tasty. Add this mildly sweet to your salad to spruce up its flavor, or include it in your cooking. Green peppers are very high in antioxidants, which means that including it in your diet will keep you looking young and beautiful.
6. Strawberries- Did you know that strawberries belonged to the rose family? These red, juicy little treats come packed with 91% water and lots of powerful antioxidants. Shielding you against heart disease, cancer, stroke, blood pressure, constipation, diabetes, allergies, asthma, and even depression...strawberry is the super food that will help you enjoy the entire summer disease free.
7. Cantaloupe- Also known as muskmelons, its 90% water content makes cantaloupes absolutely refreshing. They are regarded as a beauty fruit as well because in just a cup, you get 100% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin A and C. A smooth and radiant skin is a must this summer, and cantaloupe gives you exactly that.
With these 7 foods, you should be now able to replenish the water you need-- and give your taste buds a treat while doing it.
What other foods do you eat to hydrate?