6 Super foods that fight fat & keep you skinny
Eating the right foods can make all the difference to the pace of your weight loss. Thankfully, nature has presented us with delicious super foods that are designed to melt away those unattractive and dangerous fat from our cells. Our job then is just to identify the right elements and include it to our diet.
Read more ¿Qué más?: 10 Ways to feel lighter by the end of the day
Below are six such powerful miracle food elements that have been scientifically proven to accelerate fat metabolism:-
1. Chia seeds: This super food is very high in fiber and vital minerals such as iron and calcium. It also has 20 percent protein and a high amount of Omega 3 fatty acids. When it comes to weight loss, chia seeds absorb 10 to 12 times their weight in water, which means that it can fill up your stomach and slow down the digestion process. This then keeps you satisfied for a longer period of time. Thus suppressing the urge to overeat.
2. Turmeric: This culinary spice mostly used in Indian curries not only makes your immune system stronger but it also inhibits the storage of fat. It promotes self destruction of fat cells through a process called apoptosis. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. This attaches itself to the fat cells and makes them shrink. It also reduces insulin resistance and controls the blood sugar level which then prevents fat storage. It also has a thermogenic effect on our body, which boosts the fat burning process.
3. Cayenne pepper: The active ingredient in cayenne pepper that is mainly responsible for its weight loss benefits is Capsaicin. This chemical is thermogenic and it speeds up your metabolism through heat. It also slows down the formation of fat cells by promoting the synthesis of the protein, kinase. Other than that, capsaicin is also a natural appetite suppressant.
4. Oatmeal: Research studies have shown that people who eat oatmeal for breakfast feel significantly less hungry and more full for up to four hours following the actual intake of the meal. This is because oatmeal is not only thicker but it also contains a high amount of bulky soluble fiber, which bulks up even more when cooked and it remains that way in your stomach. It moves slowly through your intestines which again keeps you full for a long time.
5. Asparagus: Asparagus is a highly nutritious vegetable which contains soluble fiber called inulin which is an appetite suppressant. Studies have shown that 6 grams of inulin is as filling as 260 calories of food. It also contains many B vitamins such as B1, B2, B3 and B6. These work together to breakdown glucose and stabilize your blood sugar level. The Vitamin K in asparagus acts as a diuretic and makes you de-bloat. Also, the amino acid asparagine prevents you from retaining water weight.
6. Grapefruit: Other than being fat free and very low in sodium, here is how grapefruit aids weight loss. Grapefruit does not directly burn at away, but the enzymes in this fruit regulate the insulin level which helps maintain metabolism. Low levels of insulin keeps the energy levels stable. Many times when energy runs low, out body goes into hunger mode where all we want is sugary treats to boost up our energy levels fast. In periods like these, we are prone to make unhealthy food choices. With grapefruit, the energy level stays stable. Other than that, this fruit is also rich in water soluble fiber, and like watermelon, it has a high water content. Both of these keeps you satisfied for a longer period of time.
Image via Corbis Images