Man had disgusting animal living in his ear & it could happen to you!
My biggest fear in the world happened to Hendrik Helmer and I don't know how he's still alive to tell the story. The Australian man woke up on Wednesday with extreme pain in his right ear and assumed it was a serious spider bite at first. It only got worse when he tried sucking out what was bothering him with a vaccum cleaner.
When he was rushed to the hospital due to the immense pain ... you WON'T believe what he found out. It wasn't a spider in his ear, but it was THIS instead...
Read more ¿Qué más?: Black widow spiders found in grapes could put your life at risk
Doctors poured olive oil down Helmer's ear hoping to get the bug out and during this process found out it was a COCKROACH. The roach only ended up falling deeper into his ear until it suffocated and died. The doctor then was able to reach in with a tweezer to scoop the dead bug out.
The shocker though was that what the doctor assumed was a tiny roach was in reality a BIG one. Their assumption is that it crawled into Helmer's ear while he was sleeping, but they were blown away by its size. It measured almost a full inch and doctors say they'd never retrieved a roach that big from someone's ear. Helmer's is luckily pain-free and roach-free, but this experience is one he'll never forget.
Ahhhhh! This is probably one of the most disturbing cases I've ever heard of. I'm not a fan of spiders, roaches, or bugs for that matter, and if that had been me, I would have died from the shock. I know we have to co-exist with these creatures but can they stay away from our open holes?! This story has scared me enough that I don't know how I'm going to sleep soundly anymore. Hopefully it doesn't give you nightmares too!
Image via Thinkstock