5 Ways to get your sexy back after baby
Hola mamacitas!! Are you all making your New Year's Resolutions? My New Year's resolution is to get healthy and fit after baby! Here's my five tips so you can get your sexiest post baby bikini body!
Read more ¿Qué más? Parents recreate classic movie scenes with their baby & you HAVE TO see it!
1. Breastfeeding is very healthy for baby. It's great for their immune system, prevents SIDS and many other diseases, and it's said to increase IQ. And another plus: Breastfeeding helps a woman to lose weight after birth. Mothers burn many calories during lactation as their bodies produce milk. In fact, some of the weight gained during pregnancy serves as an energy source for lactation. Breastfeeding releases a hormone in the mother that causes the uterus to return to its normal size more quickly. So overall breastfeeding is a win-win for baby and you. By the way, I am breastfeeding my baby boy half of the time alternating with bottle formula, so don't stress if you can't do it all of the time, just try as much as you can.
2. Juicing is a great way to make sure you are getting all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients from fruits and vegetables. It can give you that much-needed boost of energy to take care of your babies and start any exercise routine. Juicing also can help you produce more milk and in some cases make it taste sweeter so your baby can latch on easier. I love all kinds of juices and shakes. My favorite contains ice, almond milk, bananas, blueberries, and vanilla protein.
3. Walk. I can't stress enough how walking is one of the best exercises and stress relievers. I love taking my baby out for walks in the park and just around town to local stores. We also walk together to the park. I love watching him discover the trees and birds when we're there. When I want to increase my cardiovascular level, I take my son for a walk in his baby carrier or sling--since he's 10 pounds now, it helps me burn more calories.
4. Mucha agua. It's extremely important to stay hydrated! Try to drink as much water as you can about eight 8 oz. glasses a day. Water will help you curb your appetite, fight headaches and migraines, and help cleanse your body of impurities that can cause bloating. Lots of water is also needed while breastfeeding. So go ahead drink up some water! A great tip: Agua de perejil (parsley water) an amazing cleanser that helps with weight loss. Boil some water with fresh parsley and drink up!
5. Mommy & baby yoga is a perfect way to spend quality time with your little angel and get back that bikini body by stretching, elongating muscles and de-stressing. Stress causes weight gain a d makes it harder to loose weight, especially in the midsection. Yoga is a perfect way to battle stress and there are some great poses that involve baby and mommy so that both can benefit from the practice. I love to put some soft soothing music (my baby boy and I like to listen to Ricky Martin's "Perdido Sin Ti"). My daughter Skye joins us on occasion as well. Yoga is a great way for me to get in shape and spend healthy quality time with my kids.
I've realized getting back my post baby bikini body is going to take some time. I gained about 60 pounds during my pregnancy and I have 50 pounds to go. Unfortunately I had an emergency C-section, which is making my recovery take longer than I expected. But with a little patience, will power and my tips from above I will get my sexy back in no time. I will also keep doing my research on New innovative healthy weight loss tips so I can keep sharing with all of you beautiful Mamacitas.
¡¡Feliz año nuevo!! Love to All!
Don't forget to follow me on social media:
All images via Paula Garces