Banana & peanut butter weight loss smoothie PERFECT for breakfast (RECIPE)
I'm not going to lie. I'm the number one fan of smoothies, especially if they not only add nutritional value to my daily diet, but also if they are a good complement to my weight loss plan. That's why this banana smoothie that I first discovered at the gym instantly became a favorite. I asked the trainer behind the counter if she could give me the recipe and with a couple of adjustments of my own, voilá! Hope you love it!
More from MamásLatinas: 30 Latino side dishes for your holiday dinner
The combination of flavors is enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. I replaced the artificial sweetener in the original recipe with cocoa powder just because I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! Let me know how you like it after you've tried it!
Banana and peanut butter weight loss smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
- 1 medium ripe banana (I like to freeze them in a ziploc bag when they start to get black before they spoil. That way, I always have bananas in the freezer for my smoothie)
- 8 ounces of fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of powdered cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of ice
Add all ingredients (except for the ice) to the blender. Pulse. When blended, add the ice, pulse some more until smoothie consistency.
NOTE: As with anything that has to do with your heal, don't forget to consult with your physician before starting a new diet.