Grilled pineapple: the perfect dessert without all the calories
I'm a firm believer that life on the grill is way more delicious. Grilled fruit are especially amazing when you're trying to watch your waistline and satisfy your sweet tooth. This receipe is very easy to make: It's pineapple on the grill and I'll give you two options for prepping it. I hope you like it!
Read more on ¿Qué más?: Make Jennifer Lopez's favorite ceviche this summer & lose weight fast!
The beauty of grilled pineapple is that the sugars the fruit contains will caramelize and that makes it an exquisite and flavorful experience. In other words, to make pineapple on the grill, you don't have to put absolutely anything on it.
You can grill your pineapple on your backyard grill, but you can also do it on the stovetop on a grill pan. You just have to spray a bit of vegetable oil on the pan and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side. You can eat the pineapple with vanilla ice cream and some mint leaves, or yogurt.
Below I suggest some butter and brown sugar before grilling, but that's entirely up to you, but it WILL help the fruit brown better. Any way you grill it, though, it's a simple and healthy dessert you have to try today!
Makes 4-6 portions
8 slices of pineapple, 1/2 an inch thick
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
How to make:
1. Pre-heat your grill or grill pan and just before putting your pineapple slices to grill, spray with vegetable oil.
2. Mix the sugar and the cinnamon with the melted butter.
3. Use a brush to paint the pineapple slices on both sides with the butter and brown sugar mixture.
4. Place the pineapple slices on the grill or grill pan and let cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, without moving them so the grill marks are visible.
5. Turn and grill for another 3 minutes without moving.
6. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Image via Enriqueta Lemoine