Slow cooker BBQ pork ribs that your man will LOVE (RECIPE)
This has to be my gringo hubby and son's favorite all-American dish that I've learned to master. I made it this week and I'm excited to share it with you.
Read more ¿Qué más?: Pan de jamón recipe perfect for holiday celebrations! (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO)
For family of 6
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 cup of Ketchup
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce ( I use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce)
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 4 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Ground dried or fresh garlic
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Hot chili or Picante sauce (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Season ribs with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes.
- Make sure that you drain all the fat that is released from roasting
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot picante or chili sauce and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat. Place ribs in slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours. Turn the ribs every couple of hours if you're home. Cook them until ribs are tender.
I serve the ribs with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. If I don't have the time to make mashed potatoes from scratch, I use Betty Crocker Potato Buds from the box and I use half milk and half cream, add garlic powder and bit more butter than what they call for on the box.
Let me know how the men in your life like this dish and what personal twists you added to my recipe.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
Images via allrecipes.com