Make this super easy pumpkin pie that your whole family will love
This pie is the perfect excuse to celebrate National Pumpkin Pie Day coming up on Christmas Day! Since I love cooking everything from scratch my pumpkin pie recipe below has instructions for making the dough and baking the crust. If you're short on time and want to surprise your family with a super easy pumpkin pie, then avoid all the steps involved in preparing the dough and baking the crust: just buy a crust made of graham crackers, available at the store for less than $2.50 and bake the easiest, most delicious pumpkin pie ever.
Read more ¿Qué más? Luscious pumpkin pie with orange marmalade
Makes 8 servings
Ingredients for the dough
1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
12 tablespoons of cold butter
1/4 cup of ice water
Preparation of the dough
1. Put the flour and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the kneading leaflet and pulse.
2. Add half the butter and press repeatedly.
3. Add the remaining butter and pulse until the butter and flour form coarse crumbs.
4. Add water slowly and pulse until crumbs form a homogeneous dough.
5. Form a disk with the dough and cover it with plastic wrap.
6. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before using.
7. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
8. On a floured surface, with the help of a roller, spread the dough in a circular motion until it is 1/4 inch thick.
9. Transfer the dough to a 9 inches baking dish and slightly tap the bottom and sides .
10. Cut the remaining dough. Decorate the edge with your fingers or a fork .
11. Cover the bottom of the dough with parchment paper and add some pie weights (you can use chickpeas).
12. Cover the edges with foil to prevent burning.
13. Bake for 20 minutes and transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Ingredients for the filling
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1. In a large bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar, spices, salt, pumpkin puree and cream.
2. Fill the crust with the pumpkin mix and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F.
3. Reduce the temperature to 375°F and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
5. Cut into wedges and serve with a little whipped cream.
For more of my recipes, visit my cooking blog.
Image via Enriqueta Lemoine
How do you like baking?