These yummy peppermint brownies taste like Christmas!
These brownies are a good excuse to celebrate National Brownie Day today! I only bake these brownies on December because this is when Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses are available. Two flavors that were meant to be together, mint and chocolate, are combined in these simply scrumptious, irresistible morsels. They are also perfect as a homemade holiday dessert and as a present too!
Read more ¿Qué más? Yummy chocolate mousse the latino way! (EXCLUSIVE RECIPE)
Makes 36 1x1-inch brownies
8 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used Ghirardelli premium baking bar)
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) of butter
2 1/2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
1 Tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of sweet ground chocolate and cocoa (I used Ghirardelli)
2 bags Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses coarsely chopped, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch glass baking mold. In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and the chocolate.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on a medium speed for 1 minute.
4. Reduce the speed, add peppermint and vanilla extracts, the flour and beat until well incorporated, 1 more minute.
5. Add the chocolate powder and keep beating. Add the melted butter and chocolate and mix well, 1 more minute.
6. Put half of the chocolate batter in the prepared baking mold.
7. Sprinkle half of the Candy Cane Kisses and pour the rest of the chocolate batter.
8. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
9. Transfer the mold to a wire rack and sprinkle the rest of the Candy Cane Kisses. Let cool down completely before cutting into squares.
For more of my recipes visit my cooking blog.
Imagen vía Enriqueta Lemoine
How did you like these brownies?