Thanksgiving recipes: Try this EASY cranberry sauce with a yummy Latin twist
A Thanksgiving table wouldn't be complete without cranberry sauce. But if you want give the traditional cranberry relish a delicious Latin twist, check out my recipe below. It has pineapple and chopped walnuts and it'll add color to your plate. Like all the recipes from our Thanksgiving menu this year, this sauce is very easy to prepare and you can even make it a few days in advance and store it in the refrigerator. I hope you like my recipe, and happy holidays!
Read more ¿Qué más? Thanksgiving Day Menu: Garlicky mashed potatoes
Cranberry and pineapple relish
1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple in its juice
2 12-ounce packages of cranberries (fresh or frozen, preferably fresh)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cloves (whole or ground)
- Drain the pineapple thoroughly. Reserve the pineapple and the juice.
- In a large measuring cup, measure the pineapple juice and add water to complete 2 cups of liquid.
- Place the liquid in a saucepan and add the sugar and the cranberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture boils.
- Continue to boil, covered, until most of the cranberries pop and the mixture is thick, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the drained pineapple, walnuts, lemon juice and cloves and mix until well combined.
- Let cool down. Save in a container in the refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
- Serve cold.
For more of my recipes, visit my cooking blog.
Image via Instagram / MotherThyme