Scrumptious: Tacos al pastor to die for (RECIPE)
Today is National Taco Day, so I'm sharing this recipe for tonight's dinner: delicious tacos al pastor, with pork marinated with chiles, oregano and cumin, and fresh tortillas served with pineapple chunks and lots of cilantro. Finger licking good! Thank you dear God for such flavorful Mexican cuisine!
Read More ¿Qué más? Try these easy and low-cal shrimp tacos with cilantro sauce (VIDEO)
Tacos al pastor
Makes 8-10 servings
2 pounds pork fillets
3 guajillo chiles, boiled in water for 5 minutes and cleaned (no stems or seeds)
2 ancho chiles, boiled in water for 5 minutes and cleaned (no stems or seeds)
2 chipotle chiles in adobo
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cup chopped onion
¼ cup vinegar
½ cup orange juice
1 ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tomato, roasted, peeled and seeded
2 teaspoons salt
5 slices of pineapple, roasted in a comal and then diced
3 limes cut into 4
½ cup chopped onion
1 cup cilantro leaves
1 cup tomato sauce (salsa taquera)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender except for the pork, and blend until it forms a smooth sauce.
2. Place the pork in a bowl and cover with the marinade. Marinate covered for at least 4 hours in the fridge, better if left overnight.
3. Preheat the comal or grill to medium and grill the pork 2 minutes on each side.
4. Dice the pork. Dice the pineapple.
5. Heat the tortillas and make the tacos with pork and pineapple.
6. Serve with the chopped onion, cilantro, salsa and a squeeze of lemon.
For more of my recipes, visit my cooking blog.
Image via ClosetCooking