Yummy and easy to make natilla with my abuelita's recipe (VIDEO)
In my house we all love natillas. In my case, it's one of those flavors that I treasure from my childhood. It was one of my favorite desserts, made by my paternal abuelita, who used to make easy yet delicious treats for me, for years her only nietecita. Every time I make it, my kids ask for more and I am happy that this dessert is the kind that we had from generation to generation... Keep reading cause below I'm sharing the recipe. Check the video for step-by-step directions.
Read more ¿Qué más? National Rice Pudding's Day: Try my abuela's recipe
Makes 6 servings
4 cups of milk
1/2 of cup sugar
3/8 teaspoon of salt
2 egg yolks
The peel of ½ lime
4 tablespoons of cornstarch
1. Put all ingredients in a pot and whisk well with a whisk.
2. Cook over medium heat, for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
3. Once boiling, cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Turn off the heat and discard the lime peel.
6. Serve in individual bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Before serving sprinkle with cinnamon.
For more of my recipes, visit my cooking blog.
Image via Enriqueta Lemoine
How did you like this custard?