Try this amazing spaghetti squash recipe with fresh basil & pistachio pesto (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO)
After discovering the wonders of spaghetti squash I decided to make this video to show you how can you make spaghetti out of a squash. Since I'm a pasta and pesto lover, spaghetti squash is now a staple in my kitchen and the perfect substitute for pasta with a ton less of the calories.
Read more ¿Qué más? Spaghetti squash with basil pesto
Regarding the pesto, it's an extravaganza of flavors: rich sundried tomatoes in olive oil, with fresh basil and salty roasted pistachios and Parmesan cheese. I hope you like my recipe.
Spaghetti squash with sundried tomato, fresh basil and pistachio pesto Makes 4 servings
2 spaghetti squash
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil, cut into strips
1/2 cup roasted pistachios
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. With the help of a spoon, remove and discard the seeds.
3. Put the squash in a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. With the help of a fork, scrape out the squash pulp until you can remove it all. Discard the squash skin.
6. While the squash is baking, make the pesto processing the basil, tomatoes, pistachios and olive oil in a food processor (better if you do it by pulsing several times). Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse.
7. Serve the squash as if it were spaghetti with the pesto sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese.
For more of my recipes, visit my cooking blog.
Image via Enriqueta Lemoine