6 Foods proven to be aphrodisiacs that you should serve on Valentine's Day
What do you usually eat on Valentine's Day? I know that chocolate and strawberries is a classic but there are certainly better things to be having for your big, romantic dinner on the most romantic day of the year. With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I was happy to read about the Sexy Foods that make your meal hot-hot-hot (and I don't mean temperature-wise!).
So, if you're looking to make your celebration this year a little spicier, then check out our list of the 6 foods that are proven to be aphrodisiacs--and make sure you DEFINITELY serve them up this February 14th!
Read more ¿Qué más? 5 Ways you can have hotter sex AND lose weight!
1. Chocolate: Is this any kind of surprise? Either way, I'm happy to say that chocolate is a GREAT aphrodisiac because it contains a compound called phenylethylamine, which helps to release endorphins, those natural feel-food chemicals. It may not actually make your blood boil but it certainly makes you FEEL good--and like you want to have a good time between the sheets.
2. Coffee: This one is especially good for us ladies! A study found that female sex drive perks up after some cafecito, since having some stimulates a part of the brain that regulates arousal. However, be careful not to drink it too late or you won't get any ACTUAL sleep!
3. Eggs: Is your man having a hard time getting an erection? Well ... why not serve him a classic Tortilla Espanola? Eggs are a reliable source of L-arginine, an amino acid that can apparently treat erectile dysfunction. Yum!
4. Saffron: A common flavoring in Spanish cuisine (especially when it comes to making paella), this spice has been proven to improve sexual performance, especially if you first soak the threads in hot (but not boiling) water or broth for 15 minutes, then add it to your dish.
5. Steak: Between the zinc, iron, plenty-of-protein, and B vitamins, steak is a great dish because even the sizzle of a nice steak hitting the grill can be sexy. All of this means that steak is, ahem, good for sexual performance.
6. Watermelon: Surprised? I know I was! Apparently this juicy fruit as a high level of an amino acid that leads to vascular health. Basically, it means that guys can have healthier erections and women will have an increased libido! Let's dig in ASAP.
Image via Thinkstock