Thanksgiving dinner is about transforming ordinary into extraordinary. This is why our first Thanksgiving recipe, that I first published in my cooking blog Savoir Faire – The Pleasures of the Palate, is so deluxe: I made it with a cream and garlic infusion for a velvety texture and extra flavor. Of course it has some extra calories, but trust me: it is worth it.
Garlic Infused Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients for 8 portions
10 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in thirds
2 cups of whipping cream
3 pounds of red skin potatoes, peeled and cut in half
12 Tbs. of butter
Coarse sea salt
Freshly finely ground white pepper
- In a small saucepan put the garlic with the cream over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let this cream and garlic infusion completely cool down.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, process it and set aside.
- In a large pot, place the potatoes, cover them with water and boil them over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- While still warm, drain the potatoes and mash them with the butter and garlic infused cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Image via Enriqueta Lemoine
See our full menu here: Thanksgiving Day Menu: 12 days of yummy recipes leading up to the big day!
What do you think about our first recipe for Thanksgiving?