Southwest Tequila Marinade 1
Ingredients: 1/3 cup lime juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 small jalapeno pepper (chopped), 2 tablespoons tequila, 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped), 2 cloves garlic (minced), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store, refrigerated in an airtight container. Marinate seafood for about 1 hour, poultry for about 2 hours and other meats for up to 4 hours.
Recipe courtesy of About.com.
Creamy Chicken Tequila Pasta 2
Ingredients: 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed), 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil (divided), 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced), 1 green pepper (thinly sliced), 1 red pepper (thinly sliced), 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (chopped), 4 garlic cloves (minced), 1 jalapeno pepper (deseeded and minced), 1/2 cup chicken stock, 2 tablespoons tequila, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 cup heavy cream, cooked pasta
1. Combine chicken and soy sauce in a bowl and chill until needed.
2. Heat 1 tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat; add onion and peppers and stir cook until onion softens.
3. Remove from pan and save.
4. In the same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil and add cilantro, garlic and jalapeno and stir cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has evaporated (5 to 7 minutes).
5. Add chicken and soy sauce mixture and cream to skillet. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (7 to 10 minutes).
6. Stir in onion and peppers.
7. Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of Food.com.
Slow Cooker Tequila Lime Chili 3
Ingredients: 1 slice sandwich bread (torn into pieces), 2 tbsp. milk, 1 lb. ground turkey, 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil, 2 onions (minced), 2 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 4 cloves garlic (minced), 2 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce, 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, 1/4 cup tequila (plus more for serving, if desired), 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. minced chipotle chile in adobo, 1 tsp. lime zest, 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice (plus more for serving, if desired); To serve: sour cream, cheddar cheese, parsley or your favorite chili toppings
1. Use a fork to mash the bread and milk into a paste in a large bowl. Add the ground turkey, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and gently mix to combine.
2. Add the oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the onions, chili powder, tomato paste, garlic, cumin, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened and browned.
3. Add the ground turkey mixture and cook until no longer pink, using a wooden spoon to break up large pieces. Mix in the tomato sauce, using the spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
4. Transfer everything in the pan to the slow cooker. Add the diced tomatoes (including their juice), 3 tablespoons of the tequila, the soy sauce, honey, and chipotle chile, stirring to combine. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the ground turkey is very tender.
5. Stir in remaining tablespoon of tequila, and the lime zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add additional tequila or lime juice if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Tracey's Culinary Adventures.
Grilled Tri-Tip Roast with Tequila Marinade and Cherry Tomato Relish 5
Ingredients (Tri-Tip Roast): 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup tequila, 7 garlic cloves (finely chopped), 2 tsp. grated lime peel, 2 tsp. ground cumin, 2 tsp. dried oregano, 1 tsp. ground black pepper, 2 beef loin tri-tip roasts (2 lb. each, trimmed). Ingredients (Cherry Tomato Relish): 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup drained canned diced mild green chilies, 4 green onions (finely chopped), 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
Directions (Cherry Tomato Relish):
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious.com.