Champagne Mojitos 1
Ingredients: 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup water, 1 1/2 cups packed mint leaves, plus 12 mint sprigs, for garnish, 6 limes, cut into wedges, 2 cups light rum, Cracked ice, 3 cups Champagne or sparkling wine
1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and cook over high heat just until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
2. In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the mint leaves and lime wedges and muddle well with a wooden spoon. Add the rum and stir well. Strain the drink into another pitcher.
3. Fill tall glasses with cracked ice and pour in the drink, filling them about two-thirds full. Top with Champagne, garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Food & Wine.
Ingredients: Salt, for rimming the glasses, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, rinds reserved, Ice, 1 1/2 cups light Mexican beer, such as Corona, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco, 1 teaspoon Maggi or soy sauce, Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
1. Place enough salt in a wide, shallow dish to cover the bottom. Rub the rims of two glasses with the reserved lime rinds and dip the glasses into the salt. Fill the glasses with ice and set aside.
2. Place the lime juice, beer, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and Maggi or soy sauce in a pitcher and mix to combine. Pour into the prepared glasses, top with a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chow.com.
Grapefruit Sparklers 3
Ingredients: 3 ounces grapefruit juice, 2 ounces cranberry juice, 2 ounces gin, splash of Campari, splash of lime juice, ice, lime for garnish
For each drink, stir 3 ounces grapefruit juice, 2 ounces each cranberry juice and gin, and a splash each of Campari and lime juice in a shaker with ice. Strain into an ice-filled glass rimmed with salt. Top with seltzer; garnish with lime.
Recipe courtesy of FoodNetwork.com.
Watermelon Mimosa 5
Ingredients: 1 quarter of a large watermelon, about 5 cups cut in small pieces, Juice from 6 oranges, about 2 cups juice, 1 bottle of chilled champagne, cava, prosecco or other sparkling wine, Sugar to taste, based on sweetness of the fruit, Mint to garnish
1. Blend the watermelon chunks with the orange juice and sugar to taste until you have a smooth pure, strain if needed.
2. Chill the watermelon orange mix in the refrigerator until ready to prepare the drinks.
3. Pour the watermelon orange mix into champagne flutes, about half full.
4. Add the champagne or other sparkling wine, pouring it gently to avoid from making a bubbly mess.
5. Stir lightly and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.
Recipe courtesy of Laylita's Recipes.