Slow cooker chipotle beef & bean stew (EXCLUSIVE RECIPE)
I haven't used my slow cooker in a few weeks and, I have to admit, I am starting to miss it. It's one of my favorite ways to get food on the table on weeknights because, to be honest, it's just SO easy!
Unfortunately, though, there aren't a lot of Latin slow cooker recipes out there—so sometimes I have to make up my own. I was inspired by a chipotle beef and bean stew that I saw in a magazine once, but I decided to give it my own spin. To be honest, the first time I made this recipe was actually with tofu. Yes, tofu! That's what's in the picture. But, of course, the next time that I made it with beef (the recipe I share, below), it was about a hundred times more delicious. Take a look at this exclusive recipe for my slow cooker chipotle beef & bean stew and enjoy it with your family, too!
Read more ¿Qué más? 3 Amazing slow cooker Latin soups (RECIPES)
Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef & Bean Stew
1 1/2 cup mixed dried beans, soaked overnight
16 oz frozen mixed vegetables
1 pound lean ground beef, lightly browned in pan
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried onion powder
1 teaspoon dried green pepper powder
2 teaspoons all spice
1/2 teaspoon dried chilies
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sea salt
5 cups water
1/3 cup white rice
1/3 cup brown rice
1/3 cup sweet red rice
2 cups water
1. Spray the bottom of the slow cooker with olive oil, then put in the mixed beans and vegetables.
2. Take the lightly cooked beef and crumble it on top, then add in the tomato sauce and spices.
3. Finally, pour in the 5 cups of water and set the slow cooker for 10 hours on Low.
4. Half an hour before the slow cooker meal is ready, bring the remaining 2 cups of water to a boil.
5. Add in the rice, mix thoroughly and cook, simmering, until the rice is done.
Once the rice and chipotle beef & bean stew are both done, divide into equal portions and serve.
Want to find other moms como tú? "Like" MamásLatinas on Facebook!
Have you ever made a Latin stew in the slow cooker? What's your favorite recipe? Share with us in the comments below!
Image via Irina Gonzalez