Grilled Fish with Mango Salsa 1
Ingredients: 4 ripe mangoes, 1 medium red onion (minced), 1 teaspoon ground cumin, Juice of 2 limes, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, 2 pounds Mahi-Mahi or tilapia fillets (about 1 inch thick), 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. To make salsa: Stand each mango upright on its pointed end and slice off the two fleshy cheeks on either side, cutting as close to the pit as possible. Score or cut flesh into 1/4-inch dice. Scrape flesh from mango skin with a spoon and drop into a medium bowl.
2. Combine diced mango with remaining ingredients; toss gently and set aside.
3. To make fish: Preheat grill to medium-high. If possible, cut fish into 6 equal pieces. Rub surface of fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange fillets on grill rack, cover, and grill until flesh is opaque, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Slide fillets off grill and onto a platter or individual plates. Top with mango salsa and serve with steamed rice or a vegetable, if desired.
recipe courtesy of Oprah.com
Asado de Tira, a.k.a. Argentine Ribs 2
Ingredients: 4 pounds cow ribs, 4 seaspoons salt
1. Ask your butcher to cut your Ribs in stripes of 5 cm.
2. Heat up the parrilla
3. Add the salt to the ribs an put them in the parrilla with the bone side on the iron.
4. Let them cook for 1 hour 15 minutes with medium intensity. The ribs will protect the meat and the grease will melt tendering and cooking it.
5. Turn 90 degrees and cook on one side for 15 minutes. Do the same for the other side. And its ready!
recipe courtesy of Food 52
Grilled Fruit Skewers with Island Spices and Dark Rum 3
Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ground allspice, 1/8 tsp. ground ginger, Pinch ground nutmeg , Pinch ground cloves, 1/2 cup dark rum, 1 Tbs. brown sugar, 1/2 Tbs. honey, 2 Tbs. pineapple juice (canned is fine), Juice from 1/2 lime, 1 medium pineapple, peeled, eyes removed, and cored, 6 oz. ripe but firm strawberries (hulled), 3 ripe but firm mangos, pitted and peeled, 3 kiwis (peeled), 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Combine the cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the rum, brown sugar, honey, pineapple juice, and lime juice; set aside.
2. Leave small fruits, such as strawberries, whole; cut others into 1- to 1-1/2-inch cubes. Thread the fruit on skewers, alternating contrasting colors. Sprinkle the spices over the kebabs. Shortly before grilling, baste the kebabs with half of the rum marinade and dust generously with confectioners' sugar to promote caramelization. Grill over a moderately hot fire until the fruit begins to show grill marks. Turn and continue to grill until the fruit has softened and browned nicely. Take care not to burn the strawberries. Drizzle the remaining marinade over the kebabs and serve immediately.
recipe courtesy of Fine Cooking