Ingredients: 4 ears of corn , 3 tablespoons mayo , 2 tablespoons sour cream , 1/4-1/2 teaspoon lime zest , 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice , 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper , 1/4 teaspoon chili powder , pinch of salt , 1 cup crumbled or grated Cotija cheese
1. You can grill your corn, but since I didn't have a grill I just tossed it into a pot of boiling water. I then rolled the corn around in a skillet after it was boiled just to brown it a tad. Definitely not as good as a grill, since it didn't create that smokey flavor like grills do, but it did the trick.
2. While your corn is cooking, use a cheese grater to grate the Cotija. Make sure to grate the cheese over a large plate since you'll eventually be rolling your corn in it.
3. To create the spread, mix together the sour cream, mayo, lime zest, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne, and salt. You can definitely make this ahead of time, cover it, and store it in the fridge, so all the flavors can get to know each other
4. Once the corn is done and hot, hot, hot, with the back of a spoon, rub the mayo/cream cheese spread over each ear of corn. Then roll the corn in the grated cheese.
5. Once each ear of corn is rolled in the grated cheese, feel free to sprinkle another dash of chili powder or splash with lime juice!
recipe courtesy of We're Not Martha