Penelope Cruz is the "sexiest woman alive," no one is surprised
Esquire has officially dubbed Penelope Cruz to be the "sexiest woman alive," and we couldn't agree more. The 40-year-old mami-of-two looks absolutely flawless sporting a revealing V-neck leotard and perfectly tousled hair on the cover of the lad mag's November 2014 issue. It's no wonder she was chosen to be the eleventh mujer to hold the sexiest woman alive title. The woman is undeniably stunning! Or is she? It appears there's at least one person out there questioning the mag's decision to bestow the "sexiest woman" title upon the Spanish actress. I bet you'll never guess just who it is.
Read more ¿Qué más?: These hot Latina celebs aren't afraid to pose nude! (PHOTOS)
The 40-year-old mami of two admits to the mag that she doesn't feel like the sexiest woman alive. Instead, she says, she just feels like a tired mother of two. I don't know about you, but that admission just makes me love her a little bit more. Adding to her appeal is her ability to play coy with the intimate details of her personal life; a rare but much appreciated talent for a star of her caliber. "That is for us," explains the Spanish beauty. To prove her point, Cruz expertly dodges questions regarding her relationship with Javier Barden, as well as anything having to do with her children, 3-year-old Leo and 1-year-old Luna. And as if to drive the point home, Cruz even refused to talk about her upcoming film projects, Ma Ma and Grimsby, costarring Sacha Baron Cohen.
Okay, even I have to admit that last part's kind of weird, given the fact that she's an actress and it's kind of her job to get us interested in her upcoming film projects. Unless, of course, that's her game. I have to admit that the less Penelope divulges, the more interested in her I become. Plus, the fact that she's withheld so much info makes the details that she did share seem that much sweeter.
So, what did Penelope talk about if not her marriage, children, and upcoming projects? Well, everything else, of course. Here are six truly interesting facts that we learned from Esquire's interview with the sexiest (and most mysterious) woman alive!
- Cruz decided she wanted to become an actress soon after "staggering out" of Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar's film, Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! According to Esquire's Chris Jones, "[She made] up her mind to become an actress just so she could meet him, to thank him for how he had made her feel." Which she did. "She has continued to apprentice for him since."
- Cruz admits she used to be quite a drama queen. "I've played a lot of tricks on myself," she says. "I've made it hard for me sometimes, especially in my teens and twenties. I had an attraction to drama. Most of us have that, especially if you are an artist--you feel like you are tempted to explore the darkness." Oh, chica. We've all been there.
- However, she's since left her dramatic ways in the past. "I could not be less interested now. For me, the most attractive, charming, cool, fun, interesting thing--how could I call it? A plan."
- The woman has a magic tongue. "She speaks four languages and dreams in many more," shares Esquire, before adding that her hubby also has quite a flair for language. However, unlike Cruz who speaks several romance languages, Bardem has a thing for speaking the blood curdling langue he spoke in the dark drama No Country for Old Men. Not cool!
- In an unprecedented public move, she signed an open group letter in the Spanish media condemning the Israeli bombing of Gaza! The document read, in part, "My only wish and intention in signing that group letter is the hope that there will be peace."
- According to the interviewer, Cruz is basically flawless! "Cruz has no physical flaws, the bent noses and crooked teeth we would normally use as signifiers." Wait. That, we already knew!
Image via Nico/Esquire