Kim Kardashian & Kanye West: 10 lessons on everlasting love
Well, it's official: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have been bound to one another for a whopping 73 days, which is one whole day longer than Kim was married to Kris "What's His Face" Humphries. Aw, kongrats!
The noted narcissists vowed to love one another almost as much as they love themselves in a ridiculously lavish wedding ceremony held in Florence, Italy, on May 24 and have managed to not kill or divorce one another ever since. I guess that means these two have the whole everlasting love thing locked down, right? Well, maybe. Only time will tell. But for now, let's take a look back at the many lessons in love these two have bestowed upon the world.
Read more ¿Qué más?: Kim Kardashian slams Adrienne Bailon for talking trash about Rob
1. Persistence is key. Kanye publicly declared his love for Kim in the hit song "Knock You Down," way back in 2009. Oh, did I mention Kim was dating football hottie Reggie Bush at the time? Kanye didn't care. He rapped, "You should leave your boyfriend now," and you know what, she did--eventually.
2. Put your lover on an impossibly high pedestal. In a recent interview with GQ magazine, Kanye said Kim is "as cool as a…fighter jet or dinosaur," which is why he finds her all kinds of sex. Um, okay. Whatever floats your boat.
3. Have nicknames for one antoher. Kim on Kanye calling her the b-word in his song, "Perfefct B-----:" "I'm honored. I love it. I know he doesn't mean it in a negative way when he says the word 'b----.' " No comment.
4. You should definitely treat your partner like a prized possession. In his song, "I Won," Kanye raps "I want to dip that a-- in gold, I want to dip that a-- in gold / I made it over NBA, NFL players / So every time I score it's like the Super Bowl Baby." Pure poetry.
5. You should totally change everything about yourself. During an interview with Kim's creator, Kris Jenner, Kanye said there was once a time when he considered taking up sports just to have a shot at her. Um, kay.
6. No, seriously. Change EVERYTHING. On her show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kim admitted that she likes the fact that Kanye has taken her under his wing and given her an entire fashion overhaul. Well, one person's sweet is another's person's version of scary.
7. Money can buy love. Kim's engagement ring cost approximately $1.25 million. Kim and Kanye's wedding cost upwards of $30 million dollars, and the couple's dream home (which they're selling) costs about $11 million dollars. All of this in the name of building a life together. Priceless.
8. Be each other's biggest fan. Kanye thinks his twice divorced reality star wife deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, though she has no discernable talent. Talk about being blinded by love.
9. Never give up on love. Kim has admitted that her infatuation with love has led her astray in the past, but she didn't let that stop her from keeping hope alive. She told Cosmo, "I used to think, well, can you really have it all? The truth, the excitement, and the passion? Now I know you can."
10. Give zero damns about what others think of your relationship. Paparazzi and tabloids be damned, these two couldn't care less about what people have to say about their love. They're living in their own little platinum bubble and loving it. If we can take any lesson away from these two, it's to not let naysayers or haters influence your relationship
Image via Kim Kardashian/Instagram