Tim Howard: 10 Things you need to know about the U.S. goalie
Team USA is out of the World Cup, but team goalie Tim Howard is an American hero nonetheless. The 35-year-old made 16 saves in yesterday's game against Belgium. That, my dears, is a World Cup record. So despite the 2-1 loss that eliminated the U.S. from the tournament, Howard deserves to be celebrated because his is quite literally AMAZEBALLS.
So what say we get to know a little about the man of the hour?
Read more ¿Qué más?: World Cup 2014: 10 HOT soccer players to drool over
Here are ten things you didn't know about Tim Howard:
1. He was born in North Brunswick, New Jersey.
2. He gets his good looks from his African-American father and Hungarian mother.
3. He has dual American/Hungarian citizenship.
4. He's religious. Christianity is a big part of his life.
5. He's got a Jesus tattoo. Well, he's got all kinds of tattoos really. The man is into body art. He's got tatts on his chest, back, abs and arms. The Jesus tattoo is on his left bicep.
6. He has Tourette's syndrome. Most people think of it as a condition that makes you curse, but apparently that only happens to about 10 percent of people with Tourette's. Howard says he does curse on the field, but that it's not because he has Tourette's.
7. He's married to Laura Howard. They have been married for about 11 years.
8. He has two children, a son Jacob and a daughter Alivia. He has tattoos of his kids on his left pec, in case you were wondering.
9. He is not into people wearing fur. He did an "Ink, Not Mink" anit-fur campaign with PETA.
10. His favorite food is pizza.
Image via Getty Images, YouTube