WATCH: Bruno Mars rocks halftime + 5 other Latinos who did it before him
Bruno Mars rocked the halftime show last night at Super Bowl XLVIII! He came out decked out in a gold blazer ready to perform his heart out and boy did he ever! The Puerto Rican singer didn't let fans down with his modern old-school perfomance. In one of the best parts, he brought out the Red Hot Chili Peppers to rock "Give It Away." It was a high-power, electifying performance. And that drum solo that kicked things off was phenomenal--totally a sample of what was in store for us!
There was even a moving surprise at the end of the performance show that brought a tear to our eyes. Watch the entire performance for yourself below:
Read more ¿Qué más?: 14 Stars you THOUGHT were Latino but aren't
Bruno's backup singers were also on point with equally matching gold jackets that gave the whole performance a very Motown vibe. Check out his amazing performance below and other Latino stars that have taken the Super Bowl stage:
1. Gloria Estefan appeared with Stevie Wonder in the Super Bowl XXXIII celebration of "Soul, Salsa and Swing" at Pro Player Stadium in Miami, Florida in 1999.
2. Enrique Iglesias and Christina Aguilera teamed up for a duet in the Super Bowl XXXIV halftime show in 2000.
3. Mariah Carey kicked off the game in 2002 with her rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner.
4. Christina Aguilera made headlines after she flubbed the words while singing the National Anthem in 2011.
5. That same year, Fergie, along with the rest of the Black Eyed Peas, performed during the halftime show.
--Additional reporting by Michelle Regalado
Image via Getty Images