Bruno Mars lands huge Super Bowl show + 5 Latinos who have rocked halftime (VIDEOS)
It's official: Bruno Mars will be performing at the Super Bowl XLVIII halftime show this February! Though rumors that the Puerto Rican Grammy-winner would be taking the stage at the game started swirling earlier this past weekend, the NFL finally confirmed the news yeterday. And personally, I couldn't be more thrilled with the choice! I'm a fan of his music in general, but I'm an even bigger fan of his performances. No matter where he is, he always puts on a good show ... not to mention, he is of the few remaining singers out there that sounds as amazing live as he does on his albums.
Besides, after all his success in the last few years, I think he definitely deserves a place in history alongside the other artists that have performed in the show. Below, check out a few other Latino stars that have taken the Super Bowl stage:
Read more ¿Qué más?: NFL 2013: 6 Latino stars who love football!
1. Gloria Estefan appeared with Stevie Wonder in the Super Bowl XXXIII celebration of "Soul, Salsa and Swing" at Pro Player Stadium in Miami, Florida in 1999.
2. Enrique Iglesias and Christina Aguilera teamed up for a duet in the Superbowl XXXIV half-time show in 2000.
3. Mariah Carey kicked off the game in 2002 with her rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner.
4. Christina Aguilera made headlines after she flubbed the words while singing the National Anthem in 2011.
5. That same year, Fergie, along with the rest of the Black Eyed Peas, performed during the halftime show.
Image via Getty Images