'The Voice:' Will your favorite Latino singers make the final 12? (VIDEOS)
It has been an intense week of performances on The Voice and tonight, things are about to get even more heated! After two nights of live shows by each contestant, viewers will get to find out who America voted through to the next round. Two singers from each team will be chosen by the public and each coach will also get to save one of their vocalists, narrowing the competition down to its final 12.
Though it's going be a tough choice (they all did so well!), I personally couldn't be more thrilled with the performances of the remaining Latino contestants. Whether singing Katy Perry or traditional mariachi (yes, that happened!), they all just nailed it, sounding better than they ever have. Now, it's time to pray that America supported them enough to make it through the next round!
Before finding out who made it into the final 12, take a look back at their amazing perfomances from this past week!
1. Diego Val from Team Cee Lo took on the song of fellow Latin heartthrob Enrique Iglesias, "Bailamos." Though he seemed a little unsure about his coach's song pick and it showed a little in his performance, he worked the crowd like a pro. Seriously, those girls in there were shrieking.
2. Adriana Louise performed pop single "Firework" by Katy Perry. And once again, she proved she has some powerhouse vocal skills. In fact, she sounds kind of similar to own her coach Christina Aguilera!
3. Joselyn Rivera, the 17-year-old who was stolen by Adam Levine from Team Xtina, took on a song by another Latina teen, Demi Lovato's "Give Your Heart a Break." As usual, she left me so impressed. Her voice and stage presence are just so amazing and she's just a teenager! It's obvious she has natural talent and is meant to be a star.
4. Julio Cesar Castillo has quickly become a fan favorite by tackling everything from all-Spanish songs to Justin Bieber. But this week, he went back to his roots and decided to perform a traditional mariachi song. His challenge was to convey the emotions of the song to the audience, not all of whom could understand the words....and boy, did he deliver! His coach Blake Shelton praised him and Aguilera gave him a standing ovation, telling him he made all the Latinos proud...and she's right!
5. Though I am obviously a big fan of all of these contestants, my favorite, by far, is still 17-year-old Melanie Martinez. Her voice is just so cool and unique, not to mention versatile--she can make any type of song sound good! Though she might be a little shy on stage, I think most people would love to hear a full album of hers.
Image via NBC
Who do you think will make it into the final 12 tonight?