MTV VMAs: 5 sure-to-be memorable moments!
The MTV Video Music Awards are finally here! The show is airing tonight and personally, I'm excited to see some of my favorite artists attend as both performers and nominees--especially because these award ceremonies always seem to feature at least a few can't-miss moments. Remember when Beyonce revealed her baby bump last year? Her news created a HUGE social media frenzy and even set a tweets-per-second record!
And with so many major Hollywood stars and performers lined up , I'm sure tonight's show will be just as unforgettable as last year's! Below, my predictions for 5 sure-to-be memorable moments:
Want to find other Latin Entertainment fans? Like us on Facebook!
- The red carpet: This one is a no-brainer, especially because there's always a handful of celebs who totally shock the crowd, either by looking drop-dead amazing (again, see Beyonce's orange dress last year) or plain bizarre (do I even need to remind you of Lady Gaga's meat dress?). So who will be the most daring this year? My money is on Nikki Minaj (no explanation necessary) and Latina singer Demi Lovato, who has been rocking some pretty edgy trends lately.
- Speaking of Lovato, she will be performing her latest single "Give Your Heart a Break" at the VMA pre-show. Another must-see!
- Rihanna, Chris Brown, and Drake will all be in the same room together at the same time. Uh-oh! I'm pretty sure that even if they all actually manage to remain cordial, all eyes will definitely still be on them.
- Latino stars, like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lopez, and Pitbull will (potentially) win an award. Okay, I know they haven't won yet, but I have full confidence that at least one, if not all of them, will earn a prize in their category! Lopez and Pitbull share a nomination for the song "Dance Again" while the other two are nominated individually in Best Female Video and Best Video With a Message, respectively.
- The trophy for Most Shareworthy Video will be given out for the first time ever. MTV always switches things up by adding new categories, like this one. This year, either Beyonce, Gotye, Carly Rae Jepsen, Justin Bieber, or One Direction will be the first to be deemed "Most Shareworthy." My prediction? Jepsen for the win! Was there anyone not singing "Call Me Maybe" this summer?
What are you looking forward to seeing at the MTV VMA's tonight? Tell us in the comments below!
Images via Getty Images